Wyoming State Laws
Homeschooling Laws, Information, and Resources for Wyoming
If you’re living in Wyoming and are looking into homeschooling, you’re in the right place! This page provides the resources and information you need to determine whether homeschooling in the Equality State is right for you.
Summary of Wyoming Homeschool Laws
Knowing the requirements for homeschooling in Wyoming is one key to successful homeschooling. Below is a summary of the homeschool laws in the state of Wyoming. You can find additional information on Home School Legal Defense Association’s (HSLDA) website as well: Wyoming HSLDA Reference
- Homeschooling under the homeschool statute.
- Homeschooling as a church, parochial, or religious school.
If you are homeschooling within the state of Wyoming, you will need to follow these steps:
- Submit a curriculum form. This form must be sent to your local board of trustees in your school district to show that a basic academic education is provided. The curriculum needed each year must include the following:
- Instruction in Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Civics, History, Literature, and Science.
- Because every school district is different and has different deadlines for the curriculum form, please contact your local school district for their deadline.
Here you’ll find websites for any questions you may have about education in the state of Wyoming:
- Wyoming Department of Education: https://edu.wyoming.gov/
- Wyoming Sense – Department of Education: https://www.wyomingsense.gov/dept-of-education
- Wyoming State Board of Education: https://edu.wyoming.gov/board/
- U.S. Department of Education – Wyoming: https://www.ed.gov/category/location/wyoming
- List of Wyoming school districts: https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_school_districts_in_Wyoming
Whether you already homeschool in Wyoming or are looking to do so, these resources are quite useful if you’re searching for support, co-ops, or answers to questions about homeschooling in your state.
- Homeschoolers of Wyoming (HOW): https://www.home-school.com/groups/WY.php
- Gillette Homeschooling Mentors: https://gillettehomeschool.wixsite.com/mentors
- Sweetwater Homeschoolers: https://sweetwaterhomeschoolers.weebly.com/
- Big Horn Basin Homeschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/517711044931874/
- Central Wyoming Homeschool Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/515733805113658/
- Common Ground Homeschoolers of Laramie: https://www.facebook.com/groups/commongroundlaramie/
- Homeschoolers of Casper: https://www.facebook.com/groups/272924389391596/
- Southern Wyoming Christian Home Educators (SWYCHE): https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Wyoming-Christian-Home-Educators-SWYCHE-259038487457065/
- Sublette County Homeschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/119612224859146/
One of the many benefits of homeschooling is the flexibility to explore! Here are some ideas for amazing–and educational–field trips around the great state of Wyoming!
- Buffalo Bill Historical Center: Cody, WY
- Casper Planetarium: Casper, WY
- Cheyenne Botanic Gardens: Cheyenne, WY
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum: Cheyenne, WY
- Devil’s Tower National Monument: Devil’s Tower, WY
- Dubois Museum/Wind River Historical Center: Dubois, WY
- Fossil Butte National Monument: Kemmerer, WY
- Fossil Country Frontier Museum: Kemmerer, WY
- Glenrock Paleontology Museum: Glenrock, WY
- Grand Teton National Park: Moose, WY
- Independence Rock State Historic Site: Evansville, WY
- Lander Children’s Museum: Lander, WY
- Laramie Plains Museum: Laramie, WY
- Legend Rock Petroglyph Site: Thermopolis, WY
- Medicine Lodge State Archaeological Site: Hyattville, WY
- National Museum of Wildlife Art: Jackson Hole, WY
- Nicolaysen Art Museum: Casper, WY
- The Science Zone: Casper, WY
- South Pass City State Historic Site: South Pass City, WY
- Tate Geological Museum: Casper, WY
- Wyoming Children’s Museum & Nature Center: Laramie, WY
- Wyoming Dinosaur Center: Thermopolis, WY
- Wyoming Pioneer Memorial Museum: Douglas, WY
- Wyoming State Museum: Cheyenne, WY
- Yellowstone National Park: near Cody, WY