Stepping Stone Elementary Powered by Bridgeway
Stepping Stone is a one-of-a-kind elementary program designed to offer students their four core courses – Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts — in a live, virtual classroom. The program will use Bridgeway’s Blended proprietary platform and certified teachers to deliver and instruct the classes. The following is included in the package:
- Four comprehensive core curriculum courses: English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Lessons offered in live online sessions.
- Bridgeway proprietary Blended platform that offers engaging online characters to guide students through courses and promote connections to the real world.
- Interactive online and offline components to promote learning, practice, and extensions.
- Limited-access Elephango subscription.
- Online testing or paper/pencil assessment options.
- Built-in alternative project-based assessments available.
- Teacher oversight; graded assessments, progress monitoring, tutoring.
- Two live sessions per course/week PLUS an additional meet-up session each week. 60 minutes sessions. Sessions can be be recorded.
- Live meet-up sessions for collaboration and community between teacher and students.
- Access to the Bridgeway Learning Center displaying student progress and academic success for parents and school staff.
- Attendance policy developed in collaboration with the school.
- Bridgeway provides all grading for assignments that contribute to a course grade. Parents will serve as support for their student, assisting with logging into their class and homework.
View the Stepping Stone class options below. You can filter by subject.
Frequently Ask Questions
Classes start the week of August 18th.
Our Live Online Classes use Zoom for video conferencing. This tool allows students to communicate with the teacher and other students via video, audio, and text chat.
Our Live Online Classes have limited seating available. Because of this, please consider carefully which course(s) is best suited to your child’s academic needs, interests, and schedule, before enrolling your child in a course. Bridgeway Academy cannot guarantee a course change will be possible. If you must request a course change, contact your HST to do so.
30-45 minutes a day per subject.
Parents do not need to attend weekly class sessions. However, they are encouraged to guide learning for the activities between live sessions. Parents are also responsible to ensure that assignments are completed and submitted and to assist with communicating with the teacher.
Yes. Each teacher will provide students with their contact information and times they are available to meet with students individually.
Attendance and participation are requirements for success in Live Online Classes and represent 10% of the overall grade. However, we understand a student may occasionally be absent due to illness, travel, or valid personal reasons. Recordings of the live classes will be made available to students and are required viewing when an absence occurs. If your child will be absent for an extended period, it is essential to communicate directly with the teacher in order to facilitate a plan to help your child be successful with the course work. All full-year and semester-long courses include attendance as part of the student’s final grade, so regular attendance is necessary for successful course completion.
If your student has any special need or consideration, please contact the Live Online Class instructor prior to the start of classes. Accommodations and modifications are limited due to the virtual classroom format of these courses.
All course content for the Stepping Stone program is delivered in the Bridgeway Learning Center (BLC). Students will view their core courses, join their online classes, submit their work, and take assessments all with the BLC platform. Parents will also be able to view grades, learning content, and student progress from the parent login in the BLC.