The 2019-2020 school year was unlike any we’ve ever experienced (and hopefully never will again). The 2020-21 school year? Marginally better, but still chaotic by any definition–except when compared to 2019-20. This school year? Meh, by most accounts. While school closures and remote learning haven’t been nearly as prevalent during the current academic year as the previous two years, there’s still quite a bit of lingering uncertainty and anxiety in the air thanks to the seemingly never-ending presence of COVID-19.
But there is a solution to the stress and uncertainty that still surrounds school two years after the onset of the pandemic–homeschooling. And, believe it or not, now is the perfect time to enroll with Bridgeway Academy!
Why Enroll with Bridgeway Academy?
Brick-and-mortar schools have had a rough go of it over the past couple of years–not really through any fault of their own, but that doesn’t minimize the frustration parents and students have experienced. And that’s one reason so many families have turned to homeschooling since the spring of 2020. Let’s look at some more…
- Lingering COVID anxiety. While things are hopefully beginning to trend in the right direction, the pandemic is still omnipresent and impacts literally everything we do every day. While many measures have been taken to slow the spread and lessen the effects of the virus, case numbers still continue to skyrocket across the country. And though this hasn’t necessarily led to much in the way of school closures, the havoc that COVID-19 has wreaked continues to weigh heavily on kids of all ages. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, nearly 150,000 children in the U.S. have experienced the death of a parent or grandparent caregiver from COVID-19. Additionally, families have dealt with job loss and the loss of access to many other vital services. On top of all that, so many kids have had to witness the ugly examples of racism and xenophobia that have increased dramatically since the start of the pandemic.
Any one of these traumas can leave lasting effects on children–so, when you consider that some kids have been dealing with all of these stresses, it’s no wonder they’re terrified of the virus and its after-effects. Many children are still fearful of catching the virus, though its effects on children have been fairly minimal to this point. Those students are also worried about potentially passing it on to older or immuno-compromised adults in their family. Unfortunately, this is reality at the moment and may continue to be for the foreseeable future.
And while homeschooling obviously can’t prevent anyone from contracting the virus, it can certainly decrease the chances as, rather than crowding onto a bus and roaming packed hallways, kids can enjoy learning in the comfort of their own home. Possibly more meaningful than the physical minimization of COVID likelihood is the peace of mind homeschoolers can take comfort in by not having to worry about it at school. With a clear mind, these children can focus on their studies and enjoy learning once again.
- Masks not required. Believer or not, masks have become an everyday part of our wardrobes. Can’t leave the house without one. And while masks have been scientifically proven to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 (and other viruses), is there anyone who isn’t over them at this point? I don’t think even the most faithful maskers would turn down the chance to live in a mask-free society once again. Especially students (and teachers, school staff, etc.). Unfortunately that’s not an option in most areas, as many local and state governments have mask mandates in place at schools. But not at homeschool! Rather than fidgeting with a mask or dealing with foggy glasses, kids can sit in class and get to work, distraction-free.
- Remote learning vs. REAL remote learning. Let’s put one myth to bed–remote learning can actually be a GREAT experience for students…but only when it’s done the right way. Round 1 of remote learning during the 2019-20 school year, when the pandemic first hit? An unmitigated disaster in most cases. Schools and teachers simply weren’t prepared or experienced with remote learning, so classes every day were essentially an exercise in trial and error. Either way, they just weren’t effective. Round 2 proved somewhat more successful, as educators had the whole summer to create a viable remote learning plan and teachers now had at least some experience with distance learning. But then hybrid schooling was introduced, and while some students (and parents) were thrilled to get back into the building, it caused other sorts of chaos, like challenging schedules. Round 3 has really depended on where you live and what COVID case counts are like. Remote and hybrid learning haven’t been as prominent this year, but there’s still that unshakable feeling of uncertainty that comes with waiting for the other shoe to drop.
When it comes to remote learning with homeschooling, there’s a major difference–these teachers are experienced and trained in online learning, which makes it an entirely different experience for students. Bridgeway Academy’s Live Online Classes, for example, are taught by instructors who have years of experience in the online world and know how to run a classroom filled with eager learners from all over the world. Their expertise and enthusiasm make the online classroom a place for collaboration, communication, and knowledge. Live Online Classes are among our most popular offerings, and it’s because our teachers know how to do it right.
- Exciting things in store for 2022! If you’ve never homeschooled with us, there are plenty of reasons to this year! Not only will your family receive personalized homeschooling expertise, 1-on-1 support from our amazing academic advisors, and a wide range of class and program options, but this year, if you enroll by March 15, you’ll also receive:
- A FREE Elephango membership (beginning in August) in all Total Care programs (a $200 value)
- Expanded curriculum options
- An updated Bridgeway Learning Center interface
- Did someone say discount? You didn’t hear it from me, but there are some pretty amazing discounts available for early enrollment–if you enroll for the 2022-23 school year before March 15, you can save plenty (not to mention, classes fill up quickly, so enrolling now guarantees your child a spot in the fall!).
How do you get these discounts? Check out our virtual open houses–not only are they great sources of information about our many programs, but you can also learn about our early enrollment discounts. Or, call (800) 863-1474 to schedule a meeting with our Admissions team and ask them about our early enrollment coupon codes!
At Bridgeway Academy, not only can you put to bed the many worries and uncertainties that come with the current education landscape, but you and your child can embark on a wonderful journey that makes learning personal–literally! With the help of your very own academic advisor, you can create the perfect school year for your child, free of worry, free of stress, free of restrictions–and maybe with a nice discount, too. Contact us today to start your early enrollment process!