A homeschooling match made in heaven was created in March of this year when Bridgeway Academy and Elephango became official partners for the 2022-23 school year! What does that mean for you? Well, if your student is enrolled in one of our Total Care packages for the 2022-23 school year, he or she will have student access to Elephango through both the Bridgeway Learning Center (BLC) and directly through Elephango.com with their Microsoft credentials!
But this partnership really means a whole lot more than just having access to Elephango. It means that the door to a whole new world of homeschooling possibilities has been opened for your child. What are they? Keep reading to find out!
What Makes Elephango So Special?
If you’re not yet familiar with Elephango, it is the perfect curriculum companion for any K-12 student. Elephango is an enriching online educational resource center that was developed specifically for at-home learning. But what makes it the “perfect curriculum companion”?
For starters, every Elephango lesson speaks directly to the student and his or her preferred learning style, which means your child will enjoy and truly understand each lesson. Elephango’s lessons offer media-rich instruction, full of interactive quizzes and activities, educational videos, and project-based assignments designed to challenge students to go beyond the cookie-cutter skill-and-drill method and connect learning to life.
With Elephango, you and your student will have access to more than 3,000 K-12 lessons, which are easily searchable so you or your child can find the perfect lesson every time. Additionally, Elephango features built-in personalization tools that allow teachers and students to select lessons that fit not only the student’s learning needs, but that also appeal to their personality, interests, and academic level. And you can even build a personal library of your child’s favorite lessons simply by saving them.
The 21st Century Education Solution
We also like to think of Elephango as a 21st century solution to 21st century problems. Think about it like this:
Problem: Students feel detached from concepts and lessons.
Solution: Elephango incorporates real-world learning into each lesson so students can make the connection between school and life.
Problem: Learning is too regimented, regulated, and restricted.
Solution: Our lessons span a wide range of topics and interests, allowing students to explore and learn more about what fascinates them.
Problem: Skill-and-drill learning is outdated and ineffective.
Solution: Elephango emphasizes project-based learning by incorporating independent activities and projects into every lesson.
Problem: Other education websites focus on just the core subjects.
Solution: Elephango is full of lessons that focus on social-emotional learning (SEL), 21st century skills, and real-world knowledge and current events in order to build well-rounded students.
In a nutshell, Elephango helps prepare learners for a future that cannot yet be defined. They must be ready for change, willing to learn, and able to think critically. Elephango is designed to create lifelong learners who are ready for that rapidly changing future.
All About Elephango’s Lessons
Let’s dig into Elephango’s lessons to see what they’re all about. Every Elephango lesson builds a sense of wonder and deepens learning experiences by encouraging imagination, discovery, and exploration. Both students and parents love Elephango lessons because they’re:
- Organized. Lessons are easy to search, filter, organize, and assign.
- Inspirational and Engaging. Every lesson ignites the curiosity, excitement, and passion to learn more. (I’ve gone through quite a few myself…they really are fun, engaging, and exciting.)
- Effective. All lessons are fully vetted and research-based to ensure there are ample opportunities for your child to explore, try something new, demonstrate creativity, and share ideas while driving their own learning.
- Personalized. Each lesson is created with specific learning styles in mind, allowing your child to grasp the topic, engage with the work, and experience success.
- Rewarding. Not just in a knowledge and achievement sense–though that certainly applies. Every lesson allows learners to climb a leaderboard, start a streak, and earn badges, trophies, and other actual rewards that keep kids coming back for more!
Features Both Parents and Students Love
So, we’ve established that Elephango’s lessons and resources are pretty amazing. But, beyond the day-to-day learning your child will look forward to, there are plenty of other reasons families rave about Elephango.
- It’s simple. We’re not just saying that. It really is. And not just in the “easy-to-use” sense, which it also is. As a parent, the last thing you want is some complicated learning platform with confusing material that just leads to frustration for everyone. Elephango actually helps you, the parent, explain the lesson material to your child so it’s easily understood. And yes, it is super-intuitive and simple to navigate as well!
- It’s personal. Every child learns differently–and one of the beauties of homeschooling is that you as a parent can customize your student’s education to his or her strengths, personality, and interests. Elephango simply gives you another incredible tool to add to your kit, because Elephango understands and embraces every learning style and tailors each lesson to a child’s specific needs to create a truly personalized learning experience. In fact, each learning style is represented by a fun animal name–so, after your child’s learning style assessment, he or she will be known as a lion, otter, beaver, or golden retriever!
- It’s organized. We alluded to this earlier, but it’s worth repeating. When kids are driving their own learning, they need to be able to find content quickly and easily. Elephango essentially eliminates the need to search for anything. All the right lessons, resources, and activities are right at your child’s fingertips.
- It’s a connection. This just might be the best part…by determining and understanding your child’s specific learning style, you can finally connect in ways you never knew were possible. Because having that knowledge simplifies communication and comprehension between you and your child–and that connection is priceless.
How Will It Work?
Students enrolled in a Total Care package will be given a STUDENT Elephango account. Tied to their Bridgeway Academy enrollment, students can explore individual interests and drive their own learning. Also as a result of this partnership, our Bridgeway Academy teachers will leverage the power of gamification, student choice, and deeper learning to drive the online learning experience. Elephango’s lessons will complement teacher-driven instruction and serve as interactive learning experiences for at-home assignments.
So, let’s break it all down. As we mentioned earlier, when you enroll your child in a Total Care package with Bridgeway Academy, he or she will receive an Elephango student account and subscription*, which includes:
- Unlimited access to more than 3,000 K-12 lessons designed to spark curiosity and inspire a love of learning in your children.
- An educational standards search tool designed to provide teachers with lessons aligned to national and state standards at their fingertips.
- Our proprietary personalization tool to integrate social-emotional learning into the learning experience and to explore lessons tailored to each student’s unique style.
- Embedded educational videos, interactive content and activities, downloadable worksheets, projects, and learning adventures for all ages.
The 2022-23 school year promises to be an exciting one–even more so thanks to the partnership between Bridgeway Academy and Elephango! And all you have to do to take advantage of Elephango’s awesomeness is enroll your child in a Total Care package! Then your family can begin the school year with the perfect homeschool curriculum companion to accompany the perfect homeschool education!
To learn more about Elephango or the partnership, contact us at (800) 863-1474.
*Family memberships are also available at Elephango.com for families with learners not enrolled through the purchase of a Bridgeway Academy Total Care package. These memberships are not linked to Bridgeway teacher-led courses and are managed by the parent account.